Terms & Conditions
1. These are the terms applying to all sales and are the basis upon which orders are accepted. They will apply unless varied in writing to all future transactions. No Terms and Conditions which the Customer may seek to impose and/or variations of these conditions shall have any effect on this contract.
2. Buying En Primeur (“Goods”) is the purchase of wines that are yet to be bottled and released onto the market.
3. En Primeur wines are only purchased per unmixed 9 litre case, 12 x bottles, 6 x magnums, unless otherwise stated in writing.
4. Unless the contrary is shown, prices on this site are:
A) Per case or per bottle (bt) as indicated.
B) Exclusive of VAT and duty.
C) Exclusive of delivery charges from London City Bond, Barking.
D) Provisional and subject to our confirmation, upon acceptance of order.
Orders and Availability:
5. We have a minimum order of £100 (per order, ex. VAT and duty)
6. Orders placed are subject to availability. Stocks of certain wines may need to be allocated subject to demand, in such case Jeroboams Shops Limited reserve the right to allocate the stocks amongst interested customers in such proportions as it deems fit at its absolute discretion. Some customers may not therefore be allocated any or only some of the quantities they have ordered. Orders will only be accepted if there remains unsold stock.
7. Jeroboams Shops Limited may decline to accept an order in the event that acceptance of the same would result in the customer exceeding their credit limit, if they hold a credit account with us.
8. No contractual obligation and/or liability are binding on Jeroboams Shops Limited or shall arise until Jeroboams:
A) send written acceptance of an order, which may also be by fax and/or email
B) despatches the goods.
9. Jeroboams Shops Limited will contact the Customer when the wines are delivered to the UK to discuss storage and/or where the wines are to be delivered.
10. Wines are shipped in bond to London City Bond, Barking where they are held free of Duty and VAT until delivery destination has been agreed. If delivery is to the Customer’s home or office address, duty, delivery and VAT will be charged at the prevailing rates. If delivery is ‘in bond’ to a storage account at another bonded warehouse delivery only will be charged at the prevailing rate (currently £15.00 plus VAT).
11. If the Customer fails to take delivery of the Goods or the Goods are not delivered within three months of being available, or there has been an earlier indication from the Customer that the Goods are not to be collected and/or the Customers fails to give Jeroboams Shops Limited adequate instructions then Jeroboams Shops Limited may:
A) Store the Goods until actual delivery to The Customer or until the Goods are disposed of.
B) The Customer shall be liable for the costs of storage, and insurance of the Goods, and/or any failed delivery charges or as the case may be.
C) Sell the Goods at the best price readily obtainable at that time, any method of resale is entirely at Jeroboams Shops Limited discretion. Jeroboams Shops Limited shall be entitled to send written notice to the invoice address of Jeroboams Shops Limited intention to dispose of the goods seven working days thereafter, Jeroboams Shops Limited shall be entitled to sell all or any of the goods in its possession unless payment has been received or the goods collected by the end of the 7th working day. Upon resale the Customer shall receive a credit of 80% of the lower of the net proceeds of the resale and Jeroboams Shops Limited original sale to the Customer. Any balance remaining and/or if the Goods are sold for a less than the price payable by the Customer, then the Customer shall be liable to pay Jeroboams Shops Limited the difference in price and the amount due shall continue to accrue interest. The existence of this right does not affect any other remedies that Jeroboams Shops Limited may/would have. The Customer shall also be liable to pay the costs of the sale.
12. Any delivery dates and times stated are approximate only and Jeroboams Shops Limited shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods, however caused. Time of delivery shall not be of the essence of the contract.
13. Payment for the En Primeur purchase and any subsequent invoice(s) is due immediately, unless the Customer has an approved standard account (a credit account Customer) with Jeroboams. The credit account Customer shall pay their invoices for the price of the Goods on the 20th day of the month following the month in which the Goods are invoiced, whether or not delivery has taken place.
14. Payment by Visa, Credit Card, MasterCard, American Express and any form of credit and/or charge card, a 2.5% surcharge will be applied. No surcharge will be applied to payments made by Debit Cards
15. The time for payment of the price shall be of the essence of the contract.
16. All payments due to Jeroboams Shops Limited must be made without any deduction whether by way of set-off, counterclaim, abatement, discount or otherwise.
17 Overdue sums carry interest from the date when payment becomes due at 0.5% per annum above the Bank of England reference rate as at the due date of the invoice.
18 Until all sums due to us have been paid we shall be entitled to retain possession of any goods to which you would otherwise be entitled. If any payment is overdue we shall be entitled to suspend deliveries/collections.
19. Jeroboams Shops Limited shall be entitled to remove/revoke all and/or any part thereof of any promotional offers, discounts deduction, allowances, and/or rebates on any orders or any other orders with the customer and re-invoice the customer for the full price.
20. Cancellation charge shall be 100% of price regardless of when written notification of cancellation is received and accepted by the customer.
21. Title to all wines shall remain with Jeroboams Shops Limited until all sums due from the customer are paid in full
22. Jeroboams Shops Limited will remain responsible for insuring the wine at the market value until the Customer’s delivery and/or storage instructions have been completed.
23. The Jeroboams Shops Limited will not be liable for failure to meet agreed obligations due to prevailing circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
24. All contracts are subject to English law and jurisdiction. All wines are offered subject to market movement and remaining unsold
Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions:
25. These terms and conditions apply to and form part of every contract between Jeroboams Shops Limited a company registered in England and Wales Registered No 2923018 and whose Registered Office is 43 Portland Road, London, W11 4LJ. And its customers
26. If the Customer does not accept these Terms and Conditions of Sale in their entirety the Customer must notify Jeroboams Shops Limited in writing within 72 hours of the date of confirmation of the order that they do not accept these Terms and Conditions
Your Wish List
Fill out your Wish List to register your interest in specific wines, and receive email alerts
Bordeaux email alerts:
Photos from the tasting tripRead more >
Denis Dubourdieu – Vintage Report
The 2012 vintage in Bordeaux..Read more >